I went down to Isle of Palms, SC to visit family a few weeks ago.
This trip had a trifecta of objectives.
- Kiddies to spend time with their grandparents
- I was able to spend time with my baby brother (13 years difference, I think, between us) and his sweet girlfriend
- Photograph a brand new baby boy
Obviously I was most excited about objective #3.
I am a firm believer in fate. I feel that each person enters your life for a reason, that a greater being molds our decisions and choices, putting us in the right place at the right time.
Stephanie knew of her husband Matt via the local music community…but there was not much more to it than that.
Matt’s mom lived next to Stephanie’s sister. One day in conversation Matt told his mom that her neighbors sister was hot. Matt’s mom told Stephanie’s sister what her son had said…but there was not much more to it than that.
However, that little bird was planted, and when Stephanie and Matt ended up at the same bar, Group Therapy, an entire YEAR later, that little bird gave the push for Stephanie to go up to Matt. She said “My sister said your mom said, you said you thought I was hot.” Matt simply replied, “Yep.” The rest was history, 2 months later they moved in together, 2 months after that, they were engaged, and now here I am, photographing their first born son, Oscar.
You maybe wondering about the blog post name. Well this little guy has a pretty long name. I thought it was cute, I have a simple satire sense of humor. I understand if I’m the only one that smiles a little bit at the relation between song centered around a mock german name of lengthy meaning and this handsome little kids name. You get it right? no, ok moving on…
- What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
Rihanna – stay
Only because Matt learned to play it on piano so I’m learning the accompaniment
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
Getting me to sing in front of people would be your challenge. Then it would be sinead o’connor nothing compares to you.
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
Probably this dreamscape of mine- I’m on a mountain in sun god robes with a bunch of little people throwing pickles at me.
- if you could live in any other country for 2 years where would you go?
I’d pack up baby boy husband and dogs. Move us to Greece. We’ve been there 2x for a month altogether And the life is so relaxed, beautiful and simple – we could raise goats perhaps.
- If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
The Big Bang. Id attend with a camera
- Is your glass half full or half empty?
It’s a bottle of water. Half full- always.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
I had a baby, but that wasn’t the event. The experience that made me stronger was (and is) the way my husband views me. To him I’m this amazing sexy superwoman- him sticking to his story is what makes me believe it.
- What is something you learned in the last week?
Point the penis down in the diaper. A moby wrap is as difficult as it looks. I will always feel better with sleep, but never regret the reason I’m not getting it.
- Do you love or hate roller coasters?
Love. However My life as a roller coaster would be terribly boring. Only inclines for years and years…
- Where’s Waldo?
I think he was behind the carousel last, but we haven’t gotten that far yet.
Just got my first smile from baby boy today one step at a time